Deepen and Refine your Meditation Practice
Based on The Mind Illuminated by Upasaka Culadasa
Join a small group of fellow meditators in a bimonthly Q&A-style live online group meeting.
The purpose of these group meetings is to provide a regular time when we can get together and discuss ways to deepen and refine your meditation practice.
I’ll be giving practice instructions and advice based on my experience with Culadasa’s samatha-vipassana approach (as described in The Mind Illuminated), as well as my experience with Mahasi-style vipassana practice (e.g. the “noting technique”).
A bit about me:
- I’ve been meditating for over 20 years, and teaching since 2011.
- I’m also currently wrapping up a two-year samatha-vipassana teacher-training program with Upasaka Culadasa, and am now assisting him in teaching a new group of ‘teachers-in-training’
- I have extensive personal practice experience with all the stages described in The Mind Illuminated.
These groups will help you develop and sustain momentum in your practice, with the ultimate goal of helping you, in whatever way I can, reach Stream Entry (the first stage of enlightenment) and beyond =)
Here are some of the particulars of how the group works:
- we meet live, online, twice a month
- the sessions are held on the first and third Tues or Thurs of the month (for exact days and times, see below)
- each session is 2 hours long
- there’s a maximum group size of 8 people. If I get more requests than this to participate in the group, I may setup additional groups (as time permits), but won’t increase the group size beyond 8
- the sessions are a mix of individualized feedback and instruction on your current practice and Q&A, focussed on both your formal “sitting” practice and your daily life practice
- all the sessions are recorded and group members have access to all of the recordings so they can “catch up” if they need to miss a session
- the cost is $80 USD per month
If you’d like to be added to the waiting list for a group, send me an email: email@example.com. I’ll let you know when a spot becomes available.
If you’d like to participate, here’s what you need to do:
- Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In that email, tell me which days of the week and times you’d be able to participate regularly in (see below for available time slots)
Here are the available time slots (all times are Pacific US time):
Tue: 12:00 noon – 2:00 pm (full)
Thur: 9:30:00 am – 11:30 am (full)
Whether you’re a beginner, or have been meditating for a while, regular “checkups” with a teacher are a great way to keep up the momentum in your practice and avoid getting stuck in unproductive dead ends.
I’m looking forward to hearing from you and helping you achieve your meditation goals!